CHARLOTTE, NC – April 29th, 2023
|Date:||April 29, 2023|
|Location:||Omni Charlotte Hotel, Charlotte, NC – USA|
|Title:||BCM Families Meeting on Blue Cone Monochromacy|
|Invitation for:||All families affected by Blue Cone Monochromacy|
BCM Families Foundation is pleased to invite you to the BCM Families Meeting on Blue Cone Monochromacy which will take place on April 29, 2023 in Charlotte, NC at the Omni Charlotte Hotel.
The meeting will be an opportunity to meet in person with other families and to hear from scientists and biotech companies about the progress of scientific research and gene therapies. We will talk about the future projects of our association. Come and participate, we are waiting for you.
Registration for the meeting
Registrations need to arrive before April 14th, 2023.
Please insert in the registration the total number of people that will come with you. We have a limited number of seats in the Conference Room at the Omni Charlotte Hotel and a limited number of seats for the Lunch. Only people in the list will have access to the Conference Room and to the Lunch.
Omni Charlotte Hotel gives to the BCMFF a discounted rate for rooms and a free of charge conference room. In order to obtain all of these discounts we need to occupy 29 rooms on April 29 and 16 rooms on April 30. Your help will be appreciated.
Please register you and your families and friends coming with you, sending only an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following mandatory information:
1) Name and Surname
2) From: City State Country
3) Email Address:
4) How many people including you in your group:
5) If there are children under 10 who need childcare during the meeting, if yes how many and their date of birth – No enrollment for childcare is allowed after March 23, 2023:
6) Special requests on food: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, allergies, or other:
7) BCMFF can offer a limited number of grants to pay hotel rooms, please request it, if necessary:
To apply, please fill this form Grant Form and send it to email@example.com
Meeting and conferences will be at :
Omni Charlotte Hotel
132 E. Trade Street
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Phone: (704) 377-0400
Omni Charlotte Hotel gave us a limited number of discounted rooms for the BCMFF meeting.
Please book through this link, in order to receive the discounted BCMFF rate:
The link is going to be active until April 7, 2023 or until the total number of available rooms have been booked.
2) Covid Rules: current regulations of the state of NC will be applied for social distancing, vaccination and masks.
3) CHILDCARE: A children’s room for young children – under 10 – during the April 29th meeting will be available at no charge (but requires advance reservation before March 23, 2023 via the registration email please make a request to info@BCMFamilies.org). It is across the hall from the conference room and welcomes parents to drop in. It will be staffed by a Professional Childcare service. Please if you come with children and want to apply for this service, send us information on the number of children and their age. No enrollment for childcare is allowed after March 23, 2023.
4)SATURDAY’s LUNCH: One meal together is offered free of charge at noon April 29 in the foyer at our meeting site.
How to reach the Hotel
WHERE IS OMNI CHARLOTTE LOCATED?
Omni Charlotte Hotel is located in the heart of Charlotte’s Uptown financial district. The physical address is 132 E. Trade Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
WHAT IS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT TO OMNI CHARLOTTE HOTEL?
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
About 8 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (approximately 15 minutes).
HOW MUCH IS PARKING AT OMNI CHARLOTTE HOTEL?
The Omni Charlotte Hotel offers valet parking only. Check with the hotel the price of the service.
DOES THE HOTEL OFFER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES?
While the hotel does not offer transportation services, the following options are available:
use TAXI SERVICE or UBER or ask to the hotel for CAR SERVICE.
The Charlotte Transportation Center is located just 2 blocks from hotel. The AMTRAK station is located 1.5 miles from the hotel.
Too many to list! Below are recommended sites. (To see a full Charlotte Chamber of Commerce list of Attractions, go to www.charlottesgotalot.com and click Attractions)
*CAROWINDS www.carowinds.com/rides-experiences (Ride 14 multimillion dollar rollercoasters, 13 water rides, & Camp Snoopy pint-sized rides)
*DISCOVERY PLACE SCIENCE charlottesgotalot.com/things-to-do/attractions/discovery-place-science (Hands-on Children’s Museum)
*DISCOVERY PLACE NATURE (nature.discoveryplace.org in Myers Park)
*U.S.NATIONAL WHITEWATER CENTER whitewater.org/things-to-do/activities (Whitewater rafting & kayaking, zip-lines, rock climbing, ropes course)
*PUBLIC PARKS charlottesgotalot.com/things-to-do/outdoors-adventure
*DINE OUT (See charlottesgotalot.com & use its interactive map of restaurants to see ratings & specialities. Many walking distance from the Omni. Also notice the rooftop restaurants & bars. There are brewery tours, vineyard tours, barbecue tours, etc.
*MUSEUMS of art, culture, etc. https://www.charlottesgotalot.com/articles/arts-culture/charlotte-museum-guide
*SHOPPING, especially outlet shopping, premiumoutlets.com/outlet/charlotte